Tuesday

January

2007

Fireworks Two Days Late

Why people are still doing fireworks today, is really beyond me. 😡

2007. We were home and watched the Pummerin ring in the New Year, as we always do, when just at exactly midnight, a death notice flashes over the screen, and then over and over again. I couldnt believe it. Our national tv station is just the most idiotic group of people ever. How can you ruin everyones New Year with a death note, at exactly midnight? Couldnt they have waited just 5 more minutes? I was pissed, what a bad way to start a New Year.

My brother failed to inform me, that my face has gotten really bloated from all the steroids that I have been taking. I could live with it somehow, if I didnt have to work today, and for the rest of the week. He suggested that I hide behind my hair, so that other people cant see it. Do I have to say how devastated I was all night? I even short messaged my groupleader at 11.00 pm, to say that I am not coming, but as he was asleep he couldnt reply, and I had to go to work. These are the moments where my Mom is missing so much, because she would have told me much sooner, and I could have stopped taking them. These are the valleys we have to walk through, one of the deeper ones that was.

Such a bummer that my sock knitting mojo has to be stopped for now, due to work, I was progressing so nicely! And I got the wool for the next two pairs today, look! But they sent me the wrong wool, again! I got the Rainforest Frog Wool for friend #1, and the brown wool for friend #2, but the Tiger wool which I ordered because I thought I was running out of wool on my brothers socks, was not sent, instead they sent me Owl wool (which I already have). This has happened before. Argh, so annoying.

I am not sure anyone has noticed, but I spent all Saturday working on the Portal. I upgraded, and fixed, and changed, added and edited, lots of stuff really! But there is so much still to do, and everything is under heavy reconstruction. I read 18 books in 2006 btw! And only 3 were in english, thats a negative record. I dont think I ever read that little in english before. This needs to be changed. The next book will be an english one. Is “To Kill A Mockingbird” any good? 🙂

This entry was posted in Daily Life, Knitting, Turtelina. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to “Fireworks Two Days Late”

nikkiana UNITED STATES
    9:25 pm on January 2nd, 2007

Damn! You knit fast! My socks never turn out that fast because I’m still having trouble knitting continental with sock yarn and tiny needles. I just can’t seem to get things consistently tight enough so they don’t fall off the needles….. and I purl Norwegian style and for some reason, that’s proving to be harder to do with bitty yarn and bitty needles too. :-/

And “To Kill A Mockingbird” is quite good. 🙂

ZhiWen
    9:41 pm on January 2nd, 2007

Yay, happy 2007 🙂

I haven’t read that book (but I’ve heard it’s good). You’ve read quite a lot! I don’t dare to look at my total for 2006.. I’m reading Perfume right now, it is originally in German as it’s written by a German writer. It is a really good read!

The sock yarn looks lovely, where did you order that batch? I hate it when they get the order wrong.. fortunately it does not happen often. Are you going to update your Sims page too? I hope your face is a bit better now :S

Ugh, the fireworks.. we stayed in, but only today I noticed that some idiots actually tied fireworks to some cables on my bike and then lit it.. I’m fortunate that nothing is wrong with my bicycle, but also angry that there are lunatics in the world that do this kind of thing.

4:03 am on January 3rd, 2007

I cant beliebe that someone would tie fireworks to your bike, are they mad??? Did they expect your bike to take off with it? I cant beliebe people, really. 😮

I read The Perfume, really sick in the end, but the beginning was good!

I get my sockwool from Buttinette! They ship really fast, and have a good selection, but they really need to be more careful.

6:17 am on January 3rd, 2007

Mockingbird is exceptional. I hope you’ll see the movie too one you finish the book. Powerful stuff.

10:10 am on January 3rd, 2007

Thankfully we haven’t had that many fireworks this year, mainly due to the stormy weather.

Oh that’s really idiotic…I don’t think our TV stations would do that unless it was really, really, really important.

Hope your face’s swelling goes down, can you take any different steroids?

To Kill A Mockingbird is fantastic 🙂

I have a university letter result infront of me…but I can’t open it..

ZhiWen NETHERLANDS
    4:40 pm on January 3rd, 2007

I’ve no idea.. crazy people. I’ve read the book up to the point where dead girls are found. I just can’t put it down! Ah, yeah, I remember, you did email the details for Buttinette a while ago, but the English website was not working 🙁 I will try again later!