Saturday

August

2010

The UFO That Flew Away

french notebookThis week was horrible all the way through and nothing less. 😥 Men find it incredibly satisfying to pick the smallest and weakest link to make themselves feel incredibly proud and oh so strong. With its peak on Thursday morning. I went home at noon, went to bed, sat in there for hours doing nothing but dropping into the deep end of the ocean. 🙁 I havent felt so low in God knows how many years. I feel so angry that I give anyone the power to hurt me like that. May he rot in hell. I am sure the next week will not be any better, if I cant take it, I am going on sick leave. The postal office is such a bad place for weak links to work.

Having gotten that off my chest with my parents always in my heart… I like to find things around the house that was theirs. To see their handwriting, things that were created long before I was born. As we are decluttering the house, we are finding things here and there. 😛 I especially like the really old stuff from my Dad, this is one of his french notebooks. He had lovely handwriting, none of us nowadays is writing like this anymore:

French Notebook
I fixed some of the errors in this theme and will continue to fix the rest over the next couple of days. I always hate the last 5% because these are the hardest errors to fix.

Jedermann TicketYesterday we went to see Hugo von Hoffmannsthals Jedermann. We didnt get to see the Jedermann that is part of the Salzburg Festivals though. Because for one getting tickets is close to impossible (reserved for the rich and famous 😡 ) and second way too expensive. So we went to the cheaper version, which was quite ok as well. At least we saw it.

If you are wondering why my recent photos are of such bad quality, its because I lost the cable to charge my camera and now I have to take every photo with my Iphone, grrr.

The knitted UFO is now finished too, see it above in the stream or on FlickR, click me.

As you can see on top, I am in the midst of reading the last book of His Dark Materials. I actually like the last part best so far. Must go back to continue reading. Bytheway, I actually really like this version *starts drooling*, is this a different version? Or this one, hmm. ❓

Have a good weekend everyone! ➡

6 Responses to “The UFO That Flew Away”

Fiona
    1:37 am on August 15th, 2010

That French book is really cool 🙂

Take care.

7:30 am on August 15th, 2010

I have kept everything I could with my parents’ handwriting…every time I feel down I look at the gift tag my mother wrote to me on the last Christmas present I ever got…it always makes me feel good in a sad kind of way. Does that make sense? I makes her presence in my life seem real again.

UFO makes me laugh…so cute! I hope your next week will be better! 😀

Nicki UNITED KINGDOM
    12:43 pm on August 15th, 2010

Hello,

Sorry that someone made you feel like that *hugs*. You are brilliant, so don’t forget that.

Your Dad’s handwriting is beautiful!

I love the knitted UFO as well – a very lighthearted creation 🙂 x

Anu
    4:22 pm on August 15th, 2010

As I am totally different with my parents – I don’t keep anything at all – only the golden necklace and some more my Dad brought home from working in Iraq – Sissy has the same – we got them for confirmation.

But if I would love them I would keep things too 😉

Is this Sütterlin your Daddy wrote?

4:36 pm on August 15th, 2010

@Anu: Fragst du mich das, ich habe keine Ahnung. 😕 Ich bin so oberflächlich, ich weiss. Es schaut halt sehr nett aus. 😐

*drück dich* Ja, das kann ich verstehen. drück

Anu
    4:40 pm on August 15th, 2010

Was hat denn das mit oberflächlich zu tun???
    Man muss nicht alles wissen – und ja, schön sieht es auf jeden Fall aus.

Danke 😉